With summer vacation well underway, Washington County is offering a free Summer Lunch program for children ages 18 and under at 6 different locations through July 18th, with one location remaining open until August 2nd.
These free meals are limited to children 18 years of age and younger, and consist of a sandwich, a vegetable, fruit and milk.
During most weekdays during the summer, free lunch is made available for school aged children, with options for reduced-cost melas available for purchase for adults as well. The Free Summer Lunch program is being funded and supported by the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Summer Food Service Program as well as with help from the Utah Food Bank. This program is designed to help low-income children continue to receive nutritious meals even while on vacation.
In the Washington County School District, meals are served Monday through Thursday at the following locations through July 18th, with adult meals and additional meals available for purchase for $4 each (cash only):
- Vernon Worthen Park, 300 S. 400 East, St. George | Lunches available from Noon to 1 p.m., Monday through Thursday.
- Red Mountain Elementary, 263 E. 200 South, Ivins | Lunches available from 11:45 a.m. to 12:45 p.m., Monday through Thursday.
- Paradise Canyon Elementary (formerly Dixie Sun Elementary), 1795 W. 1230 North, St. George | Lunches available from 11:45 a.m. to 12:45 p.m., Monday through Thursday.
- Hurricane Community Park, 63 S. 100 West, Hurricane | Lunches available from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Monday through Thursday.
- Washington City Veterans Park, 75 E. Telegraph St., Washington | Lunches available from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Monday through Thursday.
In addition to the locations listed above, the Utah Food Department is helping provide meals Monday through Friday at the Sandtown Park from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Sandtown Park is located at 600 N. Bluff Street in St. George. Meals will be distributed at the east side of the park. These meals being provided by the Utah Food Bank will be given through the 2nd of August.
Please note that all locations will be closed on July 4th and 24th.